For some years the chestnut section of the Campania region is going through a period of deep crisis. Already decimated by the dreaded gallipid gyro insect (Dryocosmus kuriphilus) which has contributed to a large reduction in the productivity of the sector, recently the chestnut woods of Campania have suffered a strong attack of parasitic mushrooms and ciders, bringing down regional productivity to 20-30% compared at maximum potential – according to estimates by Cia Campania.
As reported by ItaliaFruit News, the Campania Region has decided to open a discussion table on this issue that has become of fundamental importance; the main turning point will concern the reclassification from a juridical point of view of the chestnut woods, which will turn from being treated as wooded areas to be considered orchards in all respects. This change will allow the revision of regional regulations for the creation of protocols containing the basic guidelines for the biological and integrated defense of chestnut woods.
In the light of these new protocols that will soon take off, we at Balco GreenLine recommend a treatment based on ZEM70 zeolitite, very useful especially against the development of fungal diseases thanks to the high water retention of the zeolitic mineral; considering the very smooth surface of the chestnut and the size of the plant, we suggest to treat using 12 kg per hectare of ZEM70 zeolitite in liquid solution.
In the picture above you can see the healthy and ripe olives from the experimental olive grove of Balco GreenLine in Pian di Mezzo, Island of Elba, ready to be taken to the mill, for a cold pressing, a few hours from the harvest.
The conversion for three years in which the olive grove was treated only with Balco GreenLine zeolitite ZEM70 and kaolin GREENC(treatment dose: 5 kg kaolin + 1 kg zeolite per 100 liters / ha) will make us achieve this yearBIOLOGICAL certification.
The four seasonal treatments have given excellent results for the defense against the olive fly, but also to give relief to the drought that hit the island this year.
So we invite you to try this new biological treatment in your olive groves, the results are guaranteed!
The DID (Double Immediate Disinfection) is a technique of pruning and sterilization-scarring that Dr. Prisa created and that he has been experimenting in some agriculture companies he works with.
Obviously it is born for Micronaturale® agriculture (therefore not using synthetic products), but it can also be applied in organic and conventional agriculture, associating the common defense products.
It consists of the following steps:
– a first pre-disinfection and protection of plant tissues by spraying the branches and leaves with protective films (microlitized chabasite zeolitite, mechanical-protective barrier action) and microorganisms (antagonists and colonizers of the surfaces); to improve performance we recommend adding plant extracts derived from citrus fruits + equisetum, with antifungal action.
– after 2 days from the first disinfection treatment, proceed with the pruning of the tree or the shrub;
– as soon as possible (do not allow too much time for pathogens to penetrate into the plant from the wounds created) perform a second treatment with protective films of activated chabasite zeolitite and microorganisms (antagonists and colonizers of the surfaces); to improve performance we recommend adding plant extracts (extract of aloe + manuka with antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral and cicatrising action). The purpose of the second treatment is obviously to disinfect the cutting areas, occupy the sites of infection, facilitate the healing of wounds.
This intervention mode guarantees:
– better disinfection-healing of wounds;
– a significant reduction in the possible development and contagion of fungi, viruses or bacteria that penetrate the cutting areas;
– an optimization in terms of time and an improvement in the protection of the cutting areas, which remain less exposed to external biotic and abiotic agents, thanks to the second treatment of immediate disinfection-scarring.
DOSAGE OF CHABASITE ZEOLITITE: (only the quantities of chabasite are indicated, to which it is possible to associate the common plant protection products)
1st treatment (pre-disinfection) 3 Kg / ha of zem70 in liquid form;
Within 2 days from treatment proceed with pruning;
2nd treatment (disinfection-scarring) 5 kg / ha of zem70 in liquid form;
In biological, associate with chabasite zeolitite, 400g / ha of copper and 2.5 kg / ha of sulfur